Sunday, July 18, 2010

...and the heat goes on

Our heat wave just goes on and on... and I am enjoying the nice warm later afternoons and evenings. So tonight, I took my ever so warm self up to the West Village to the Rockbar on Christopher Street. My hot Summer evening guilty pleasure is the ever satisfying beer blast and bar-b-que. .. there's nothing like a pint and a dog. Rockbar is right at the river.. nice breeze and a view of the river just one block away.

Another bonus highlight of Sunday evenings at Rockbar for me is kicking back and listening to DJ Joe Fiore (joedeeohh@gmail.com). Joe Fiore (Furball, Drenched) hosts an all-request DJ/VJ night here that really gets people up on their feet and singing right along. He really seems to understand just what the patrons want to hear. Yes, feel free to request, mention your favorites, Joe is happy to spin.

No comments: