Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Daily "Rounds"
















'Making my rounds' as I call them are the daily stops I make around my neighborhood most every day. These often include one or more of the many 'fruit guy' stands, grocery stores, markets, discount stores and other 'stops of interest' in the area. My favorite and almost daily destination is the New Amsterdam branch of the New York Public Library System.

One of the features of the library I like and use the most is the DVD movie check out system. The library has a large supply of DVD movies on hand. I can check out up to 10 at a time. I often have several here waiting to be seen next to my TV at any given time. I can also search the NYPL website for movies and put on hold up to 10 additional DVD's. I'll receive an e-mail when these arrive at my branch for pickup. How great is that?

Another recent feature of the system is the availability of "e" products online; iPod®-compatible Audiobooks, eBooks, MP3 Audiobooks, Videos, Music and regular Audiobooks, all downloadable from the eNYPL website.

No comments: